Zakir nagar has the most lip smacking street food joints serving from Nihari to Paya to Qorma & Biryanis, kebabs the best Mughlai foods in Old Delhi & also known as meat lover’s paradise.
And the best about this place is that these all mind blowing dishes are very cost efficient as compared to other areas in Delhi.
On my visit at Zakir Nagar i explore certain dishes at various stalls and hereby suggesting you all to give a hit to those places on your next visit to Zakir Nagar.
HOW TO REACH ZAKIR NAGAR
Okhla Rail Way Station , Zz-hazrat Nizamuddin Rail Way Station are the very nearby railway station to Zakir Nagar.
Okhla Block B Bus Station , Bharat Nagar Bus Station , Jamia Milia Islamia University Bus Station , Jamia Milia Bus Station , Jamia Bus Station are the nearby by Local Bus Stops to Zakir Nagar . runs Number of busses from Zakir Nagar to different Places.
The nearest metro station is Jamia Milia Islamia.
1. Pehalwan ji lassi corner: Looking at the hot temperature of Delhi who doesn’t need a refreshing lassi topped with thick malai and few drops of roohafza to beat the heat.
143, Main Road, Jogabai Extension, Zakir Nagar, New Delhi
Approx cost: 100 for two peoples
2. Lakhnowi Galawati kebab restaurant: If you are a fan of Lucknow food you don’t have to go Lucknow instead come to lakhnowi galawati kebeb restaurant. They serves all types of mouth watering buff kebabs, mutton kebabs, chicken kebabs which almost melt in mouth with a aroma of Indian spices. Serving freshly made kebabs with onions, mint chutney, lemon & some finely chopped coriander on it. You can have kebabs with a ulta tawa paratha which is a popular & unique laknawi bread served at this outlet and it goes well with galawati kebab.
8, House 57, Lane 12, Main Road, Zakir Nagar, New Delhi
Approx cost: 250 for two peoples ( Isn’t it pocket friendly)
3. Madina hotel: This place has now been open from 9 years serving freshly prepared biryani’s and kebabs for which they are famous for. You can get a plate of biryani at even 30 Rs. Isn’t it mind boggling.
Address: NFC,, Zakir Nagar Main Rd, Zakir Nagar, Okhla, New Delhi, Delhi 110025
Approx cost: 200 for two people
4. Madina chicken corner: Serving the best fried crispy chicken with a marination of yellow pepper and chat masala. The chicken was fully cooked from deep inside served with onion, mint chutney and lemon. You can get a plate of fried chicken at just Rs 90.
6, Main Road, Zakir Nagar, New Delhi
Approx cost: 150 for two people
5. Afsar chicken point: Serving a dozen varieties of mutton & chicken with a supreme taste. This point is well known for it’s chicken changezi, mutton qorma, aslam style kebabs & khameri roti served with mint chutney and onions with the various flavours of Indian spices like chat masala, yellow chilli. The mutton was so soft it can be easily detached from the bones which is a sign of good mutton. The Aslam kebabs are served with a gravy of dahi and butter which was a awesome combination to try on.
395, Main Road, Zakir Nagar, New Delhi
Approx cost: 250 for two peoples
6. Javed famous nihari: If you’re into kebabs and Mughali food, you can’t say no to Nihari. Serving yummy food in a jiffy, Javed Famous Nihari has thick stews of Nihari along with Khammeri roti lined up for you.
Address: 392, Near SBI, Main Road, Zakir Nagar, New Delhi
Approx cost: ₹300 for two people